The Office of Enrollment Management will use a systematic set of activities and programming efforts to coordinate student recruitment and retention enrollment management initiatives for the University of Kansas. These activities and efforts include:
- Attracting, admitting, enrolling and retaining eligible students for the Lawrence campus, in accordance with academic policies, initiatives and campus priorities.
- Creating and managing a campus schedule of course offerings, to register students, maintain faculty’s record of student academic performance, issue transcripts, grades, certifications and diplomas.
- Administering state, federal and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs.
- Counseling students and families in order to ensure access, choice and a diverse student body that is representative of the citizens of the State of Kansas.
- Facilitating the development, implementation and monitoring of academic policies, practices and procedures and to assist the academic units in implementing such policies in order to meet goals related to student progression, performance, retention and graduation.
- Facilitating student transition to the University of Kansas that leads to positive adjustment, academic success and persistence to degree.
- Promoting the University of Kansas and the pursuit of higher education.
- Playing a leadership role in the development, implementation, maintenance and assessment of effectiveness/efficiency of student information systems and overall technology plan for the University.